Faith & Leadership receives 2020 ACP awards
The online offering of Leadership Education at Duke Divinity won nine awards, including first-place recognition for stories, essays and resources about the pandemic and racial justice movements.
April 23, 2021
Faith & Leadership won nine awards for work done in 2020 – five of them for first place – in the annual Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press” awards. They were announced April 8 at the virtual joint convention of the Associated Church Press/Religion Communicators Council/Canadian Christian Communicators Association.
The awards are:
- Award of Merit (second place) for independent website for Faith & Leadership; F&L is produced by Dave Odom, Sally Hicks, Jessamyn Rubio, Aleta Payne, Chris Karnadi and Emily Lund
- Award of Excellence (first place) for feature articles; Proclaiming the liberation narrative of God through church art; Celeste Kennel-Shank, writer; Aleta Payne, editor
- Award of Excellence for personal experience (short form); Who cares for the shepherds? The secondary trauma of faith leaders must be addressed; Jessica Young Brown, writer; Aleta Payne, editor
- Award of Merit for personal experience (long form); In a season of reckonings, forgiveness is not forgetting; Anthea Butler, writer; Aleta Payne, editor
- Honorable Mention for personal experience (long form); The pastoral challenge of a Brooklyn church and COVID-19; Gary V. Simpson, writer; Aleta Payne, editor
- Award of Excellence for Department; Resources for Christian leaders during the coronavirus pandemic; Chris Karnadi, editor
- Award of Merit for Department; News & Ideas; Chris Karnadi, editor
- Award of Excellence for Professional Resource; Resources for Christian leaders during the coronavirus pandemic; Chris Karnadi, editor
- Award of Excellence for Theological Reflection (short format); Baptism as sacramentally, essentially anti-racist; Kelly Ryan, writer; Aleta Payne, editor
The ACP, founded in 1916, is the oldest interdenominational religious press association in North America and its membership comprises newspapers, newsletters, magazines, journals, news services and websites.